Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not-a-purse Purse

  I'm not really a purse gal per se, but I do love my over the shoulder messenger bags.  I'm pretty much in love with most of the Green Pepper patterns, and have wanted to try out making this bag for a long time.  when I found some printed neoprene I decided to bite the bullet and buy it.  (Wheels started turning for a made-by-me computer bag...coming soon...)  So this is my practice round making the small, purse-sized bag...and since I tend to just do my own thing and start cutting and sewing, this was my practice following the pattern.    Some leftover cordura and webbing and just a bit of nylon for lining and, voilà!  Bag extrordinaire!

 The verdict:  I love Green Pepper patterns, and this bag. I'm thinking a sweet patch would look nice on the flap, though.

Inside: fits my small notebook, wallet, camera, small nalgene and still has space left over.  Perfect.

Front has a few pouches and a zipper pocket that gets covered up by the flap.

No comments: